So what’s Rapeh / Hapeh?
• Rapé is a sacred medicinal powder preparation, often with tobacco & used by Indians in the Amazon basin.
• Sharing rapé has pre-Columbian roots and is considered shamanic medicine (very ancient in fact).
• Preparation can be done by knowledgeable shamans or outside tribal communities.
• Rapeh / Hapeh is traditionally done in ritualistic way to call upon nature’s healing power and blessing of forest animals.
Medicinal rapé is gaining popularity around the world due to cross-cultural friendships and ayahuasca ceremonies.
• It is also being consumed in a more social setting similar to how sacred tobacco became socially accepted.
• Suggestions are given to maintain the sacredness of the rapé ritual as a modern shaman, such as preventing it from becoming an addiction or personal vice.
Appropriate set & setting
- For a rapé ritual this could includes being outside in nature, at the altar during an ayahuasca ceremony or in a quiet sacred space indoors playing high-vibrational music.
- Have bottle of water and tissues nearby, drink water before snuffing, don’t eat immediately prior, ensure vomiting and expulsion venues are accessible.
- Effects of rapé will vary depending on medicinal blend used; common side effects include mucus production and expulsion.
- Avoid abusing rapé; know where it comes from and refrain from mixing with other drugs.
- Keep rapé sharing limited to trusted sources as it can be used for malicious purposes.
#hapeh #rapeh #sacredplantmedicine #sacredplants #healing #traumahealing